PATRICK L. CORDERO ESQ.
Location: . Miami, Florida
Email: Email Me
Being the top consumer bankruptcy petition filer of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 in the State of Florida and in Miami, Florida for the last 16 years took a lot of effort, commitment, and most of all compassion, for his vision of simply helping people. Being rated by the highly prestigious Martindale Hubbell and having an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, highest standard obtained for client commitment, are just some of his accomplishments and recognitions Mr. Cordero has obtained over the years.
Moreover, recently in November, 2015, Mr. Patrick L. Cordero was honored to be “The National Bankruptcy Lawyer of the Year, 2015”, by the Minority Chamber of Commerce in Washington, D.C.!
Born in Bronx, New York, of Hispanic parents, Patrick Cordero, resides in Miami, Florida, is married and father of six children, from ages 19 to 29. A respected, devoted family man, actively involved in the community and religious organizations. Throughout his career, he has been recognized and admired in the Hispanic community for his compassion in contributing his efforts in making Miami a better place. One example of this is for the past 12 years he has personally sponsored and led an annual Turkey giveaway event held in Little Havana, Florida. During Thanksgiving week, Mr. Cordero, his family and his law staff hold this event where over 1,500 turkeys and assorted cans, goods are distributed to the poor and needy families. It is an event that is televised locally, which the community has responded to the efforts of Patrick Cordero. Aside from the Thanksgiving turkey giveaways, Mr. Cordero also has another annual event which he distributes backpacks, along with school supplies, to 1,200 needy kids every August, prior to the start of the school year.
Having earned the deep respect of colleagues, clients and the judicial community, through the ethical and considerate practice of law, he has expanded to serve as consultant for many attorneys and businesses regarding asset protection and bankruptcy related matters. Moreover, he has participated in numerous local round-table discussions regarding economic issues.
Sole and managing partner of his law firm, Mr. Cordero has over 50 staff members concentrating in consumer bankruptcy law, which by demand, has extended to other areas including loan modifications, foreclosure defense, real estate law and family law. He is also recognized as one of the top three consumer bankruptcy filing attorneys in the nation, and the top consumer bankruptcy petition filing attorney in not only Dade County, but in the State of Florida, which includes Miami-Dade, Broward, and Monroe counties.
Aside from serving on the Board of Advisors for his alma mater, St. Thomas School of Law, for the past 8 years, and donating every year to St. Thomas in support of law students who are unable to financially secure tuition funding, he also gives his efforts to the community by hosting a weekly TV program, open to viewers, with issues affecting the community, topics of national/local concerns, and political dilemmas.
Mr. Cordero is recognized. He has over the years, received numerous awards and achievements. Including the recognition by Martindale.com, he has been distinguished by Lawyers.com with a Client Distinction Award for quality of services, responsiveness, and communication ability.
Also, he was awarded as one of the Top Lawyers in Florida by the Select Legal Network, for demonstrating highest ethical standards and professional excellence. Adding to his accolades, Mr. Cordero was presented by Miami-Dade County Certificate of Appreciation and recognition for valuable and exemplary contributions to the community.
Patrick Cordero will continue to be part of the efforts in making this world a better place, either by his law practice or his sincere efforts with the local community. Below are other accomplishments and recognitions he has received in the past years:
- Very High Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards, Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- Patrick L. Cordero, Esq., Lawyers of Distinction, 2017
- The Hispanic Leader of the Year, The Minority Chamber of Commerce, 2016
- Premier Service Award, CityOf.com/Miami, 2016
- 2016 Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Top 100 Lawyers, The National Advocates, 2016
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, Top 5%, America’s Most Honored Professionals, 2016
- Highest in Ethical Standards & Professional Excellence, Top Lawyers in Florida. The Legal Network, 2016
- Top 50 lawyers in America, Legal Network, 2015
- Lead Counsel, Findlaw, 2015
- Avvo Client’s Choice Award, 2015
- National minority lawyer of yr, Minority Chamber of Commerce, 2014
- Client Distinction Award, Martindale Hubbell, 2014
- National Minority Lawyer of the Year, 2014
- TOP Lawyers in Florida, The Legal Network, 2013
- Top 100 Lawyer Consumer Bankruptcy Award, 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Appreciation certificate, Dade County, 2012
- America’s Top 50 Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, 2011
- Key to City of Hialeah, Florida for his contribution, 2011
- Appreciation, City of Hialeah Florida, 2010
- Lawyer of the Decade, Minority chamber of commerce, 2010
- Legal Aid, Broward Lawyers Care, 2002
- Lawyer of the Decade, 2001-2010
Areas of Practice
- Consumer Bankruptcy Law
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 13
- Small Business Chapter 7
- Loan Modification
- Foreclosure Defense
- Real Estate Matters
- Family Law Matters
- Asset Protection
- Personal Financial Matters
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Federal Courts
- St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida
- J.D. – 1987
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- B.A., Business Administration – 1983
- Major: Finance, Minor in Marketing
- Cordero de Miami , The Miami Herald, 2010
- Desterrados en Madrid, El Nuevo Herald, 2010
- Aumentan los casos de Bancarrota en el Sur de la Florida, The Miami Herald, 2009
- South Florida Bankruptcies Surge, The Miami Herald, 2009
- Con Patrick L. Cordero la bancarrota dejo de ser un eterno, Libre, 2003
Honors and Awards
- The National Person of the year 2015. Award Grantor: The Minority Chamber of Commerce, 11-2015
- Recognized as one of the top bankruptcy filing attorneys in the United States Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida, including Miami Dade, Broward, Monroe, and West Palm Beach Counties for the past 25 years
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of Southern District of Florida
- Latin Builders Association
- Minority Chambers of Commerce
- Latin American Business Association