If you’re facing bankruptcy, you’re probably considering whether hiring a Bankruptcy Attorney to defend you is worth the expense. Of course, the answer is yes, but it depends on the kind of Bankruptcy Miami you declare and the value of the assets you’re attempting to save. Keep on reading to know more about Bankruptcy Attorney Miami, FL!
Why Would You Need the Services of a Bankruptcy Lawyer?
Your financial situation, including the kinds and quantities of debt you owe, may be assessed by a Bankruptcy Attorney, who can advise on whether it makes sense to file for bankruptcy protection. If Bankruptcy Miami is the best choice for you, your lawyer can help you determine whether to file under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of the federal bankruptcy code. Most debts may be discharged in Chapter 7, often known as liquidation bankruptcy, but all but a few assets must be forfeited. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you to preserve some of your assets, such as a house or a vehicle while establishing a repayment plan with your creditors.
Your lawyer will walk you through each stage of the bankruptcy process after you’ve decided which route to take. Here’s how:
● Make a list of your debtors and an appointment to appear in court.
● You will be advised when and where to complete your bankruptcy credit counseling session and debt management course.
● Including the appropriate filing fees in your pleadings and other court filings.
● Even if you can do some or all of these tasks independently, an attorney experienced with court dates, procedures, and other formalities will undoubtedly make the process go faster.
Where Can I Locate a Bankruptcy Lawyer?
When looking for a bankruptcy lawyer, you may not feel comfortable asking friends for referrals unless you know someone who has just gone through bankruptcy. So it’s a good thing that other resources are out there:
● Using the Better Business Bureau’s searchable database, you may find bankruptcy lawyers in your area who have been rated well by their previous customers.
● For bankruptcy lawyers, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys is a professional association that offers education and advocacy. They include an online directory of their members and guidance on choosing the right attorney for your situation.
● Referrals to local bankruptcy lawyers might be provided via the state bar organization.
A bankruptcy petition in Florida may be the answer if you are having trouble keeping up with your debts. Borrowers who seek Bankruptcy Attorney Miami FL can discontinue all collection attempts and begin again immediately. People who file for bankruptcy might also get a new start by having their debts discharged. A bankruptcy filing in Florida may have many advantages, but it isn’t suitable for every scenario.